Monday, February 06, 2006

Superbowl XL

As I always had done ever since I got Cable TV, I woke up early to watch Superbowl, not falling asleep half way through the match because I'm getting...oh, 12 hours of sleep everyday or something.

However, for the first time in my 3 years of watching Superbowl, this is the most unsatisfying Superbowl to date.

Blame the Referees.

Yeah yeah, the Steelers won it fair and square.

However, look at the game properly. Ever big play that the Seahawks had was called back by a penalty. It's almost like "Big play! Whoops, just kidding. Bring the ball back. Thanks".

On the other side of the pitch, a Touchdown that isn't supposed to be was given. The steeler's first touchdown was clearly isn't one, since the ball didn't break the line. I've no idea how the referee saw it differently, even after replays.

In fact, I was so annoyed with the referees making the Superbowl almost one sided, robbing me of hours of sleep, I almost thought that they were going to rule in Steeler's favour (again) during a fumble that clearly isn't a fumble.

Bah. A waste of time.

However, it isn't as if the Seahawks were helping themselves either. Penalities are bad, but you don't have to give the referees a chance to call it on you. Their receivers seem to be unable to catch most of the things tossed at them, and their clock management is just horrible.

But still...

Refs for MVP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home